Peer Responses 2

Response to Dorsa Peikani

Hi Dorsa, thank you for your post. There are many interesting points in your post. The ethical considerations you mentioned were helpful, such as “think before posting.” I think something that could be added to that would be to run something by others before posting. Perhaps a person can have a friend they can reach out to and ask if what they are writing about it appropriate. Another tactic would be to do reading on the posts or forums as well, so that we can understand the tone of the forum we are posting to. These are ways that we can avoid posting something that is inappropriate or incorrect. 

Response to Charles Dawson

Hi Charles. There are some great insights in your post. I agree with your views on how sometimes courses lack variety. I think it also lacks some of the personal interactions necessary and that instructors could reach out more. It is difficult to do because there are so many students in a class at any given time, but as instructors if we see a student struggling in their work or attendance, then it is important to reach out to them and see what is going on. This is one of the challenges with online settings but also one of the benefits in that the instructor can give the student the chance to think about their response and whether or not they want help.